Soaring summer temps don't mean we have to go into hibernation mode and spend our days talking about the record-breaking heat. Instead, we're encouraging you to be a tourist in your own city– take a class, try a new restaurant, ride the street car....snap out of that regular ol' routine!
We've compiled 50 Tucson Summer Bucket List ideas for a seriously sensational summer! So no more excuses, print out the list, or download our Yelp Mobile App to bookmark your favorites and explore the Old Pueblo!
1. Catch an outdoor flick at Cinema La Placita
2. Visit the Mount Lemmon Observatory
4. Go to Main Gate Square for Friday Night Jazz
5. Visit the Campbell Avenue Bat Colony (Thursdays at 7:30pm)
7. Participate in a Tuesday Night Community Bike Ride
8. Take a ride on the Mount Lemmon Sky Ride
10. Visit Colossal Cave
12. Visit the Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures
13. Visit the Mission San Xavier del Bac
16. Take an Acro Yoga class at Cirque Roots
17. Go to a Broadway In Tucson Show
19. Try a Historic Walking Tour
20. Catch a Burlesque Show at the Surely Wench
23. Celebrate National Independents Week June 29-July 6, presented by Local First Arizona
24. Go to Wilcox for summer harvest events at Apple Annies Orchard
25. Check out Second Saturdays, Downtown
26. Check out a show at Mister Bing's Performing Arts Lounge
27. Visit the Mercado San Agustin
28. Eat a Sonoran Sno-Cone
30. Do the Sonoita Wine Country Trail
31. Go gallery hopping on the the Gallery Row Artwalk
32. Book a ride on the Pedal Crawler
33. Do a self-guided tour of The Neon Pueblo Art Walk.
34. Go to a Tucson Food Truck Roundup
35. Visit the DeGrazia Gallery
36. Vist MOCA- Museum of Contemporary Art
37. Take a class at the Sonoran Glass School
38. Eat an exotic taco at BOCA!
39. Hit the hiking trails early and cool off in Sabino Canyon
40. Feed the giraffes or cool off at Safari Nights at Reid Park Zoo
41. Take day a trip to Tubac
42. Go to a Carnival of Illusion show
44. Welcome the Monsoon Season at the Dia de San Juan Celebration
45. Check out the creative events schedule at Maker House
46. Take a selfie in front of the Desert O or other public art throughout the city, use hashtag #TucBucketList
47. Watch the sunset from Gates Pass
49. Buy a Connect In The City Discount Card
50. Take a ride on the Tucson Street Car in July!
Feel free to share ideas in the comments section below!
•Bucket list items are not listed in any particular order