From Gourmet Maple-Bacon and Skor flavoured doughnuts (by Daddy-O Doughnuts) to braised short ribs with freshly grated horseradish (by Port 229 Artisan Bistro) and more, the line up of food kept guests mouth watering and coming back for more. Drooling, Sami E recounts "the selection and variety of food was impressive! My personal favourites were the braised beef and mashed potatoes from Port 229, the steak burrito from Burrito Boyz and of course the Black Mamba wings from Wingporium which may have been the spiciest things I have ever put in my mouth." Here’s a list of our amazing food sponsors:
- Aielli Restaurant (Meatballs & Arancini)
- Burrito Boyz PC (Mini Burritos & Quesadillas)
- Daddy O Doughnuts (Maple Bacon & Skor Doughnuts)
- Dunk'n Dip (Chocolate fountain covered, cereals, crepes, fruits)
- Great Canadian Pizza Company (Pizza, Pasta and Caesar Salad)
- Indian Cuisine By The Lake (Samosa, Pakora, Chana Masala, Rice, Naan)
- Port 229 Artisan Bistro (Tiramisu & Braised Short Ribs on Mashed Potatoes)
- Wingporium (Assortment of Wing Flavours including the famous Black Mamba)
To wash down all those sumptuous sweet and savoury snacks, there was a bounty of buzz-worthy beverages on hand to wet whistles and quench thirsts, including:
- Diamond Estate Wines (EastDell Unoaked Chardonnay (VQA), Fresh Wines Moscato (VQA), Bacalhoa JP Red
- McClelland Premium Imports (Stiegl & Erdinger Alkoholfrei Beir)
- Jameson Irish Whiskey (Cocktails)
- Tito's Handmade Vodka (Cocktails)
- Boylan Soda by Pacific Bottleworks
- Guilty Dog Coffee House (Blended Lattes & Premium Coffee)
But a party wouldn't be a party without a little entertainment! MXEvents Entertainment provided a 20 foot digital media wall and kept the music spinning on the 1’s and 2’s all night. And guests were able to grab bag of complimentary popcorn while getting their pics snapped in the photobooth provided by Qube Entertainment. And just when the night couldn’t get any more interesting, world-renowned performer Nathaniel Rankin blew guests minds with his mingle magic before finally putting on a performance that wow’d guests!
This whole evening was planned in support of local Port Credit charity – The Compass, whom we were able to raise $768.20 for to help support their food bank and local social initiatives! A big thanks to all the generous yelpers whose donations helped make this happen!A huge thanks to all yelpers and sponsors for making this evening fantastic, and of course... a special shout out to the Port Credit BIA (Twitter and Facebook) for helping to pull together an amazing event at a totally unique space in the GTA.
Until next time yelpers SYOY!
Yelp GTA Community Manager