Yelp Adelaide Explored the Fringe!
Frantic February and Mad March make Adelaidians to go a little something something...With over 300 Adelaide Fringe venues and 900 acts on show throughout Fringe season it can be hard to get around to check out everything on show. To kick off the Fringe season, Yelp Elite were treated like VIPs of the Fringe for one night only!
Elite rocked up to Gluttony and upon checking-in on Yelp were treated to their very own hug with the infamous Humphrey B Bear – living out every childhood dream (including yours truly's).
The animal theme followed Yelpers throughout the evening when Elite were welcomed by (as Amelia J described) a “Billy-Madison-esque penguin” to begin the When We Were Idiots tour around Gluttony for the evening.
Alicia N enjoyed going back to the future and “walking around Gluttony in the year 2113 by a talking Penguin – an experience I never expected when I woke up yesterday morning but that's the great thing about Yelp & Fringe- you never know what you're gonna get!”
Yelp Elite then got exclusive access to the Artists Only Bar, the Fringe Club for the rest of the evening. According to Norma M, Yelpers proceeded to enjoy “too many ciders for a Wednesday,” hear more about what the Adelaide Fringe and Yelp had planned for 2013 and mingled with each other until the late hours of the evening.
Kamini N sums up the evening perfectly – “I was hugged by a furry bear, questioned by a suspicious black penguin, welcomed by umbrella lited ladies and had a jaw dropping moment, when a sequined suited woman swallowed a sword with such grace and gaiety.” What less would you expect from a night out with the Fringe and Yelp?
A big thank you must go to all of the Fringe hosts who helped ensure this Yelp Elite event went off like Zooey Deschanel’s bangs!
- Check-in on Yelp for another free hug and photo with Humphrey B Bear at his Honey Doesn't Grow On Trees show at Kids Fringe in Gluttony on the 16th and 17th March.
- Continue to LOL with Xavier Toby at his show “White Trash” held in Gluttony until March 1st at 9:10pm every night – Yelpers get 2-4-1 tickets to his show!
- Hop-a-board the Adelaide Fringe FREE Bus to get around the CBD and use the Hopaboard Mobile app to find out when the next bus is arriving here.
Want the perfect bangs?
- Check out the photos (taken by John Kol)
- Read the reviews or write one if you were there!
- Find out what it takes to be Elite here
- If you're a fan of BookFace (Yelp Adelaide) or Twitter - make sure you keep in touch!
Until next time SYOY!