Yelp Shakes Its Groove Thing @ Urban Spaceman
Adelaide Yelpers spent their "hump day" night bringing vintage back into fashion at Urban Spaceman Vintage Fashions. Adorned with a Cushdy made cocktail in one hand and a What A Treat retro Lemon Slice in the other, Yelpers grooved to the funky tunes of Pimpin' Horus and spent the evening mingling with Yelp Adelaide's finest Elites.j ust because something is "vintage" doesn't mean its second hand," - taking pride in his high quality finds of unworn pieces from the 60s and 70s. Tough competition then prevaled throughout the night as Yelpers eyed off "their favourites," from vintage dresses, jackets, shirts, pants and even shoes for both men and women.
From cool threads to making an Old Fashioned Bacardi Rum cocktail or Bombay Sapphire Elderly White Lady, Yelpers were schooled by Cushdy in how to be a "cool" entertainer in the naughties. Daniel R and Natasha S enjoyed reminicing on "nibbles from childhood" like What A Treat's Lemon Slice, French Onion Dip and Leek & Zucchini Puffs. There was also many a fruit kebab dipped in the chocolate fountain and queries of whether a "chocolate layback," would be appropriate at the end of the evening.
The networking stakes were high and as mouths went a chattering, Pimpin' Horus got people well lubricated with their funky, sexy tunes. Lee L is now glad he has "more than one friend on Yelp," and many a Yelper enjoyed putting real faces to names!
Adelaide Yelpers dug this event like a hole, and a huge "thanks dude" must go to the following for all of their efforts on the evening...
- Luke at Urban Spaceman Vintage Fashion for his passion to bring cool male threads to RAdelaide.
- Shaun Pattinson at Cushdy for showing us why this bar has been nominated "Australian Cocktail Bar of the Year" – 3 years running.
- Bacardi Rum & Bombay Sapphire for helping us put together our own cocktails.
- Natasha from What A Treat Cafe & Recycled Clothing - for "homemade" away from home.
- Pimpin' Horus for their always funky, groovy, kick ass tunes that whiled away the evening.
- Wes from Vinosity for trying to convert Yelpers to Chardonnay.
- Our resident photographer John Kol Photography for the wonderful snaps captured on the night.
Wanting to go Back To The Future?
- Check out the photos (taken by John Kol and Yelpers)
- Read the reviews or write one if you were there!
- Find out what it takes to be Elite here.
Until next time SYOY!
Yelp Adelaide Community Manager