Fun With Fried Chicken!
On Saturday, some of Brooklyn's best weekend warriors headed over to Gowanus to learn how to perfect Southern Fried Chicken! As a part of Skillshare's Culinary Semester in Brooklyn, Southern chef extraordinaire Kelly Leding hosted an exclusive Elite-only event on everyone's favorite dish in the beautiful kitchen space at Ger-Nis Culinary & Herb Center.
Much like Skillshare, this event was all about learning: from Kelly, from experience, and from each other. Among other things, we now know:
1. How to brine the bird for maximum juiciness.
2. The drawbacks of large breasts (they don't always fry all the way through).
3. Which brand of socks are the best (thanks Akash!).
4. The cheat to get the delicious crispy bits on every piece of bird.
5. Clint H is useless when it comes to measuring (at least in comparison to badass baker Claire F).
6. Prosecco and fried chicken is a perfect pairing.
7. Julia B is the best at taking creepy pics.
8. And tons more tips for top-notch fried chicken!
A huge thanks goes out to Kelly Leding, Leighann and Akash from Skillshare, and everyone that made it out! I'm going to be dreaming about that crispy chicken until the next time I can make it myself, but at least I now know how. If you were there, drop us a review. Until next time...