Yelp Helps: Matches Made In Vegas
What do you get when mix The Atomic Testing Museum, over 20 local non-profits, dazzling drinks, eats, and the Yelp Las Vegas community? You get more than 350 volunteer matches made and one remarkable party.
With checklists, Twitter handles and hashtags, and a TweetWall streaming live, 150 Vegas yelpers were ready to connect and spread the #YelpHelps word. And, there was plenty to talk about! Exhibit Fair International decked the venue out with custom backlit bars, cocktail tables, shining Yelp gobo, and they caught the entire evening on video, including a live performance by The Blind Center of Nevada's Bell Choir.
Yelpers were able to get goofy with the paparzzi thanks to the green screen photo opportunity provided by LV Photo Party. Libations were plenty with award wining cosmos, margaritas and mojitos from VnC Cocktails and a signature jewel martini from Bombay Sapphire, and vegan specialties from Chef Mayra and Sunflower Market, sandwiches from Johnny McGuire's, and sweet treats from Peas & Carrots and Cupkates kept the crowd energized for mixing, mingling, and making a difference.
Be sure to check out what the yelpers had to say about this very special evening here. As for the organizations:
- Opportunity Village: "Best event we've ever been to!"
- Friends of Nevada Wilderness: "We filled our entire list with potential new volunteers!"
- Helping Hands of Vegas Valley: "We have 22 sign-ups and found it extremely well organized and fun!"
- Springs Preserve: "We were very impressed with this fun and interactive event!"
- Easter Seals: "Sign us up for next year!"
- Repurpose America Greener Vegas: "Lots of sign-ups and quality connections!"
Yelp Helps was definitely causes for a party. Keep your eye out for more pictures here!
Yelp Las Vegas Community Manager