The Yelp team is excited to announce the launch of the Yelp API.
For those of you wondering what an API is, it stands for Application Programming Interface and the Yelp API will allow users to present Yelp data on their own websites or other web based applications.
The Yelp API enables subscribers to:
- retrieve trusted business review and rating information for a particular geographic region or location.
- display trusted review and rating information for a particular business.
- determine accurate neighborhood name information for a particular location.
- display pictures of highly rated local businesses and of the top reviewers for that business.
- determine a particular business' review and rating information based on the business phone number
Full details regarding the API are available from our new "Yelp For Developers" site.